FOREIGN TIRE SALES LIMITED WARRANTY
1. TIRES WARRANTED TO BE FREE FROM DEFECTS IN WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS
Every tire and tube sold by Foreign Tire Sales, Inc., (“FTS”) bearing a complete serial or identification number is warranted to the original purchaser, subject to the conditions set forth in this limited warranty, to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the life of the original tread under ordinary service and use. At that time, all warranties, express or implied expire
Original owners of authorized tires and tubes sold by FTS and purchased new within 5 years of the date of purchase whichever comes first (requires proof of date of purchase) or of manufacture (if proof of date of purchase is not available) based on the DOT number embossed on the sidewall of the tire, are eligible for the benefits of the FTS Limited Warranty subject to the conditions set forth below and provided that the tire is used only on the vehicle for which it was originally designed according to the vehicle manufacturer or FTS recommendations.
3. PRORATED ADJUSTMENT PROGRAM
In the event that a defect in either workmanship or materials is discovered before the treadwear indicator appears (ie. at 2/32nds of an inch meaning that the tire is worn out) except as set forth below, and before 5 years from the date of purchase (with proof of purchase date) or 5 years from date of manufacture, the original purchaser shall present the tire or tube to an authorized FTS tire dealer. In the event that an examination of the tire by FTS reveals a defect in workmanship or materials, the purchaser shall be entitled to replacement of the tire (with a comparable tire ie. same basic construction and quality) on a prorated basis. This means that the dealer will calculate the prorated charge by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread that has been worn off by the actual price of the tire paid by the owner (proof of price required) or by the pre-determined average cost provided to the dealer by FTS (if proof of actual price paid is not available) whichever is lower. The owner is also responsible to pay the costs of mounting, balancing and any other service charges plus applicable taxes.
This means that if the tire originally had 8/32” of usable tread and is worn to 4/32” tread and the cost of the tire (or the FTS average predetermined cost) is $100.00, the owner would receive an adjustment of $50.00. The owner would then pay the cost of the new tire minus $50.00 plus costs of mounting, balancing and other service charges plus applicable taxes.
Any claim for defect involving ride disturbance or other rideability issues is limited to tires with 10% or less tire tread wear.
FTS reserves the right to take up to 60 days to determine if an adjustment is warranted. Once FTS determines that the tire shall be adjusted, the tire becomes the property of FTS. Failure of the owner to relinquish the tire shall void this warranty.
4. CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Unless these conditions, limitations and/or exclusions are prohibited by state law, this warranty does not cover loss of time or loss of use of vehicle or inconvenience. To the extent permitted by law, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE EXPLICITYLY EXCLUDED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. Buyer’s sole remedy is repair or replacement of defective product. To the extent permitted by law the WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE and WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY are likewise excluded under this warranty.
FTS does not warrant and shall not give any credit for any tire where any liquid, solid or gaseous material (except air, nitrogen or carbon dioxide) has been added to the tire including but not limited to tire fillers, sealant or balancing substances)
FTS does not warrant and shall not give credit for any tire that has been altered in any manner.
The following is not covered by this warranty:
1. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by improper mounting and dismounting, wheel/tire imbalance, improper repair, improper retread/recapping..
2. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by improper tube installation.
3. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by road hazards including but not limited to cuts, punctures, impact breaks, chipping or bruising.
4. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by improper maintenance.
5. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by misapplication.
6. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by accident or collision
7. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by vandalism.
8. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by storage including flat spotting.
9. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by underinflation/overloading or overinflation.
10. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by misalignment or any other mechanical causes.
11. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by fire, heat, chemical corrosion or contamination including but not limited to tire dressings which contain petroleum distillates.
12. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by driving in violation of speed, load or temperature ratings.
13. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by ozone or weather checking.
14. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by racing or other competition.
15. Failure, damage or irregular wear caused by abuse, misuse or unusual operating conditions.
16. Ride disturbance or rideability claims on tires with more than 10% treadwear.
5. OWNER’S OBLIGATIONS
A. Rotate tires in accordance with vehicle manufacturer or FTS’ recommendations.
B. Maintain proper inflation pressures.
C. Follow all instructions contained on the sidewall of the tire or printed material accompanying the tire upon sale.
D. Inspect tires regularly for cuts, cracks, bulges, penetrations, irregular wear or other damage. Remove damaged or unserviceable tires from service immediately. Seek professional assistance immediately when in doubt of the condition of any tire.
E. Present the tire to the dealer from which you purchased it or another authorized FTS dealer (to obtain the name of authorized dealers, contact FTS as set forth below).
E. Pay all service charges and applicable taxes.
F. Provide all information sought by the adjusting dealer.
G. Relinquish possession of the tire to dealer upon request for adjustment.
H. Relinquish ownership of the tire upon adjustment.
6. OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other additional rights which vary from state to state or province to province.
Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. To the extent permitted by law, FTS disclaims any liability for incidental or consequential damages and FTS disclaims any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranty of merchantability.
To the extent permitted by law, this warranty is in lieu of all other express or implied warranties. Any implied warranty is limited in duration to the duration of this limited warranty.
This limited warranty is only valid in the United States of America.
Note: Any tire, no matter how well constructed, may fail in service or become unserviceable due to conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer.
Foreign Tire Sales, Inc.
2444 Morris Ave Suite 206
Union, New Jersey 07083
Phone: 908-687-0559 X 14